Day after day I hear people complaining about their sugar cravings, how they make it so difficult to lose weight, how chocolate is all they can think about and how every month these cravings are out of control.
One of my favourite tools for reducing sugar cravings is incorporating cinnamon into the diet. Cinnamon helps to balance blood sugar levels and therefore reduce cravings. It is also a great digestive if you feel bloated after meals and is a warming herb too if you tend to feel the cold easily. Plus it tasted great too!
Here are a few of my favourite ways to incorporate cinnamon into your diet:
1. Add to smoothies. If you enjoy a breakfast smoothie simply add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon for your daily dose.
2. Feeling a bit chilli? Add cinnamon to your cup of tea. Simply sprinkle some cinnamon or place a cinnamon quill to soak into you hot water or tea. It goes great with both black tea and green tea.
3. Sprinkle cinnamon over fruit for a delicious treat.
4. Make a curry of anything (meat, chicken, chickpeas, lentils or beans) and use cinnamon as one of the spices to add flavour.
5. Make a Middle Eastern rice pilaf using pine nuts, sultanas, turmeric and cinnamon.
6. Mix a teaspoon of cinnamon through yogurt
7. Add it to your green juice
8. Make roast veggies with cinnamon sprinkled on to. Yum Yum!
There are so many fabulous ways to add cinnamon into your diet. Have any other suggestions? Feel free to post below.
Rice pillaf with cinnamon-http://www.food.com/recipe/rice-pilaf-with-cinnamon-and-golden-raisins-198781
Cinnamon roasted veggies-http://liorabels.com/kurkuma-cinnamon-roasted-root-veggies/
Cinnamon breakfast smoothie-http://dionne-healthnaturally.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/berrylicous-breakfast-smoothie.html