Sunday 2 September 2012

Gwyneth Paltrow’s Paleo bread

                                                                         
        
With the Paleo diet all the rage at the moment I thought I would give Gwyneths Paleo bread a try. The bread is completely grain free, meaning it is perfect for gluten intolerant individuals or just people trying to cut down on carbs. The bread is very high in protein and fibre so it is very filling and will keep you satiated for quite a while. Its great for breakfast, with soup for dinner or just as a snack. I have been taking a piece to work as a mid morning snack to tide me over until lunch. It will keep for a week if you store it in the fridge.

 
Recipe:

1 ½ cups almod flour/meal
2 tablespoons coconut flour
¼ cup flaxeed meal
¼ teasponn sea salt
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
5 eggs
¼ cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar

·      Mix almond flour, coconut flour, flax, salt and baking soda in a food processor on pulse (I used a mix master and it turned out perfectly).

·      The add in eggs, oil, honey and vinegar and continue to pulse.
·      Pour batter into a greased 20 times 10 cm non stick or lined pan
·      Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 40 minutes.

I used LSA instead of flax and maple syrup instead of honey just because its what I had in the house and it was fine. I also added 2 tablespoons of chia seeds just too boost the fibre content a bit more and give the break more texture. Once the mixture was in the pan I glazed it with a whole egg and sprinkled sesame seeds over the top just to add to the appearance.


No comments:

Post a Comment