Spring is here (Finally!!! I hear most of you saying). Well we all know that spring is the perfect time for clearing out the old to allow room for the new. That is the whole basis of spring cleaning. Spring cleaning does not only refer to clearing out your cupboards but also to all your internal baggage as well. This can be winter weight that we all tend to stack on to help us feel warm, toxins from the comfort food we have been eating or just stagnant energy from being inside and sedentary.
It’s up to you how you interpret spring cleaning but any form of clearing things out creates movement, energy flow and helps you release baggage. I know after a big clean out of my room I feel quite liberated and light.
Whether it’s your external or internal environment you clean, you will be creating an energetic shift to allow yourself to move into summer feeling free for new opportunities to flow in. So now’s the time to get cleaning!
For a spring detox follow these simple steps:
1. Start each day with two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in warm water.
2. Eat plenty of fresh fruit and veggies daily.
3. Consume good quality gluten free carbohydrates such as basmati rice, buckwheat, millet, quinoa or amaranth.
4. Eat some protein with every meal such as lean meat, fish, nuts and seeds, legumes, tempeh or eggs. Consume more fish and less red meat.
5. Avoid sugar, caffeine, alcohol and fast foods.
6. Drink at least 2 litres of water daily.
7. Support liver function with herbs such as St. Marys Thistle and Dandelion.
8. Consume bitter foods to aid in liver detoxification such as rocket, mustard greens, endive and chicory.
For optimal results follow this diet for 2-6 weeks. If you have any medical conditions consult your health care professional before following dietary advice.
So enjoy the blue sky, sun and smile!